Recently Tony and I have really started preparing as if our baby may be home with us any day. Some dont understand this notion and I dont really expect everyone to understand what we are going through and the whole adoption "thing". The most common response we've gotten about our recent desire to have a pre-baby baby shower is--Well why are you having a shower? You arent even matched yet with a baby. True. But pregnant folks have showers before their baby comes out of the belly...I guess you cant really compare apples to apples here but you get the jist. Another common response is: "Well you dont know if its a boy or girl?" True. But dont some expectant families decide to wait til their birth to find out (I know alot dont these days)? Well this is no different to me. There are ALOT of stark differences between pregnancy and adoption and really, I know them ALL and I know them better than "you" do :-) Now mostly folks are like, "Yay, when is the party I want to come!" So for that I am thankful and for the doubters I am thankful because they are usual guarding my feelings when they wonder if its time for a shower yet. Other than the shower in preparation for baby we've went to infant class at our local hospital, registered on Amazon.com, bought several cases of diapers on sale-all sizes, and have our nursery ready to go(sans decor). It is hard some days to go into the baby's room knowing there may not be a baby in there for a week or a year from now. But I still stand on the promise that God is faithful and where He leads thats where we are heading and there will be a baby in our household through ADOPTION.
Love you guys,
Kelly
No comments:
Post a Comment